5 Reasons Men Should Consider Laser Hair Removal
For the longest time, men identified by the most cliched traits of masculinity.Heck, it still happens.
There’s the handyman. Someone who could change a tire or oil in your car. The guy who enjoys an ice-cold beer following hours and hours of yard work.
There’s the sports fanatic. The guy who could blurt out any statistic about any player or team and beg you to challenge his unmatched athletic intellect.
There are so many more examples. And to be clear, there’s nothing wrong with any of those traits.
But those examples are mentioned to give context in how the modern-day man is evolving. While car care and lawn-mowing skills are still common, so too are reality television binges and self-care with the person they love.
To that end, a growing trend among men is laser hair removal. It’s a popular choice among women, but don’t forget that men can benefit from going hair-free in many ways.
Read on to discover five reasons men should consider laser hair removal.
Before listing the benefits, learn how laser hair removal works.
It’s simple, really. Instead of just removing the hair appearing above the skin – as is the case with shaving – laser hair removal does a more thorough job. The laser targets the follicle and destroys its growth cycle.
Following multiple treatments spread roughly five weeks apart, clients are left with smooth, hair-free skin. And there’s no need to shave or wax again!
There are many great reasons to go hair-free
Sounds great! So what are some reasons men should try laser hair removal?
There are many great reasons to go hair-free, but we’ve narrowed it down to five for this space. And those reasons include:
1) The lasting results: We touched on it briefly above, but shaving, waxing, sugaring, threading, and really any hair removal method that’s not laser hair removal will not provide lasting results.
But with laser hair removal you see results almost immediately after treatment. And once your hair-free regimen concludes, all you’re left with is the smooth skin you’ve always desired. No more evening out beard lines every few days. No more razor and shaving cream purchases.
2) It will save you time, effort, and money: Those razor, shaving cream, and waxing costs surely can add up in a hurry.
And while it’s true laser hair removal will cost more upfront than those other options, over time it can actually save you money. Who wouldn’t want more money in their pocket?
3) It will help you stay cool: Less hair means less sweat, and that’s a pretty great reality, especially in the middle of summer.
Many men also like to contour or entirely remove their chest hair. They’re not only less prone to overheat but also able to enjoy the hairless look they’ve sought.
4) It’s a great way to address certain skin conditions: The most obvious examples are ingrown hairs and razor burn – both conditions are often byproducts of routine shaving.
And men often deal with these flare ups on their neck after a shave. Since laser hair removal goes to the root of the problem – the follicle – those issues won’t be problems moving forward. And no more shaving means no more razor burn.
It’s also worth noting that other skin conditions like psoriasis can improve dramatically with the help of laser hair removal.
5) It can make an active lifestyle more enjoyable: It’s summer. It’s hot. And people love to be outside to catch a few rays and stay active.
Whether you’re going for a low score on the golf course or just jogging a few miles around your neighborhood, you’re going to sweat. But with very little or no hair, you’ll be much cooler with significantly less sweat.