Are you searching for an effective way to eliminate unwanted hair permanently? Imagine never having to shave, wax, or tweeze ever again.
We at Newport Aesthetic Laser Center can make that dream a reality and give you the smooth, hair-free skin that you have been looking for. Our laser emits a gentle beam of energy that passes through the skin to the hair follicle. Unlike other lasers, the Cynosure laser used in our facility is comprised of two lasers, allowing the treatment of both fine and coarse hair on all skin types. With our advanced dual wavelength technology, we can provide you with the best results for permanent hair removal.
How does it work?
Hair grows in three distinct cycles. First, the active or growth cycle (Anagen); next, the dormant cycle (Catagen) and, finally, the fall-out or shedding cycle (Telogen). Laser Hair Removal is most effective during the growth cycle (Anagen).
The pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser light and converts the light to heat. The heat, in turn, damages the follicle and destroys its ability to re-grow. It is important to treat each follicle during the growth cycle for maximum hair reduction.
The laser pulses for just a fraction of a second, heating the hair follicle and impairing its ability to re-grow. Significantly less hair grows back with each treatment…ultimately resulting in your goal of permanent hair reduction. The number of treatments required varies from individual to individual.
Hair growth cycles differ on different parts of the body. Your skin and hair color, coarseness of hair as well as age, metabolism and other individual factors influence hair growth rate. We will work with you in designing a schedule to optimize your results.
Pre-Laser Treatment Care
- For all laser treatments, avoid use of Retin-A, Accutane, Renova, and Acid products 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Shave areas 1 to 2 days prior to each treatment
- Apply the prescribed numbing cream to all areas 45 minutes prior to treatment and again right before your treatment begins.
Post-Laser Treatment Care
- For all laser treatments, apply cold Aloe Vera to treated areas 3 times a day for up to 3 days.
- There may be redness and mild localized swelling in the treated areas for several minutes to 3 days.
- The treated areas may feel similar to a mild sunburn.
- Minimize all sun exposure and avoid any tanning products. Apply sunscreen SPF 40+ before going out in the sun.
- You may shave areas in between treatments. Do not wax, tweeze, or thread.
- Please contact the office immediately if you experience any discomfort or have concerns.